Who knew those annoying little packets could be so useful?
Get ready to start saving them all!
1. Keep Your Jewelry Shiny and Beautiful
Silica gel is a dessicant which means it absorbs and holds water.
These non-toxic gel packs suck up water vapor form the air.
Your jewelry will stay moisture free which will slow down the tarnishing process.
Being a jeweler, I especially love this one!
- Place packets in your jewelry box or bag
- Close lid or seal bag
- How easy is that?!
2. No More Mouldy Pumpkins
Pumpkin carving season is just around the corner! Decorating for fall is my favorite.
You want that spook-tacular artistry to last through the season.
Yucky mould can sneak in quickly. Use this silica trick and enjoy your decorative carvings even longer!
- Remove top of pumpkin (lid)
- Push a silica bead into the interior of pumpkin (just enough to stay put)
- Use 3/4 grams of silica for every 100 cubic inches
3. Avoid Traveling with Wet Swimming Suits
Nothing worse than unpacking your suitcase and pulling out a wet, smelly swim suit. Gross!
Let silica gel packs eliminate the odor and wick away moisture.
- Toss your swim suit in a large zip-top bag.
- Fill with silica gel packs. The more the better
- You are all set
4. Repair Your wet cell Phone
Accidents happen and phones get wet.
Whether you get thrown into a pool or drop it in your bathwater it can be frustrating and costly!
Try this trick next time you find yourself with a wet one.
- Turn Off Phone Immediately
- Dry outside with lint free cloth - including any ports, speaker or microphone
- Place phone in zip-top storage bag along with a handful of silica gel packs
- Wait 72 hours
- Power up your phone
Where can I get silica gel packs?
Silica packs come in all kinds of things for FREE – new shoe boxes, purses, totes, pills or vitamins bottles etc.
Don’t have any lying around but want to stock up? You can also purchase online and start using right away.